Sloth - Ages 3+
Sloths are blind. T hey have a very rare condition called rod monochromacy which means that they completely lack cone cells in their eyes. As a result all sloths are colour-blind, can only see poorly in dim light and are completely blind in bright daylight.
- Global Home: South America and Central America
- Conservation Status: Vulnerable
- Schleich® playsets and figurines inspire children to play imaginatively and freely. Even the experts agree!
- The Schleich® figurines are modeled in detail and look almost exactly like their animal models. Also perfect for educationally valuable play.
- This item is part of the WILD LIFE WORLD theme world and is suitable for children aged 3-8.
- Dimensions: 1.6 x 1.2 x 2.4 inch (W x D x H)
The sloth spends almost its entire life in the trees of tropical rainforests. Its curved claws give it a firm grip on the branches of the trees. Since it always hangs from the branches upside down, the sloth’s fur grows from its belly towards its back, instead of growing from its back or head. This allows rainwater to drain away better.
Schleich® is a German toy company, and we bring realism to a new level. Our high quality, immersive playworlds open up a world of imaginative possibilities to toddlers and kids through safe and educational play. All Schleich products are carefully designed to inspire healthy and creative pretend play for children as both a single toy or part of a larger collection. All products and the materials used meet or exceed the strictest applicable national and international toy safety requirements. We are the world’s leading figurine company, and currently offer six different themed worlds and over 300 products designed to teach and inspire kids as they move through developmental stages. From the realistic worlds of Farm World, Wild Life and Horse Club to the mystical realms of bayala® and Eldrador® Creatures, we put The World in Your Hands.
Recommended for ages 3-8.