Giraffe, Female - Ages 3+
Why do giraffes have spots? It is hard to imagine that they would serve as camouflage for such large animals. But it is true: From afar, giraffes look like a big tree.
- Global Home: Africa
- Conservation Status: Vulnerable
- Schleich® playsets and figurines inspire children to play imaginatively and freely. Even the experts agree!
- The Schleich® figurines are modeled in detail and look almost exactly like their animal models. Also perfect for educationally valuable play.
- This item is part of the WILD LIFE WORLD theme world and is suitable for children aged 3-8.
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 1.7 x 6.8 inch
Despite the camouflage spots in their fur, giraffes do not always remain undetected by predators. But they know to defend themselves and can kick really hard with their front hooves. They mainly do this if they want to protect their young, because the adult animals are normally rarely attacked. Anyone who has the opportunity to look at giraffes from close up can easily distinguish the females from the males. They are somewhat smaller and have thin horns with a small tuft of fur on top. Giraffe bulls, in contrast, have thick horns with no fur on top.
Schleich® is a German toy company, and we bring realism to a new level. Our high quality, immersive playworlds open up a world of imaginative possibilities to toddlers and kids through safe and educational play. All Schleich products are carefully designed to inspire healthy and creative pretend play for children as both a single toy or part of a larger collection. All products and the materials used meet or exceed the strictest applicable national and international toy safety requirements. We are the world’s leading figurine company, and currently offer six different themed worlds and over 300 products designed to teach and inspire kids as they move through developmental stages. From the realistic worlds of Farm World, Wild Life and Horse Club to the mystical realms of bayala® and Eldrador® Creatures, we put The World in Your Hands.
Recommended for ages 3-8.