Qwirkle - Ages 6+
MindWare's best seller is a simple game of matching colors and shapes: a must-have for your next family game night! Players score points by building rows and columns of brightly-colored tiles that are either all the same color or all the same shape, without creating duplicates; create a line of all six in a row, and you score a "Qwirkle." It’s the perfect combination of skill and chance that all ages can play, understand and enjoy!
- Contents: The original Qwirkle, which contains 108 durable wooden tiles and a canvas drawstring bag for easy clean up and storage.
- A game that’s easy for beginners but challenging enough for the most competitive teens and adults
- Teaches young players colors, shapes, math, early strategy and problem-solving skills
- Sharpens older players’ strategic thinking; a great game to stretch and train your brain!
- Over 4 million copies sold worldwide
- MAJOR FUN AWARD: The Major FUN Award goes to games that make people laugh, are original, flexible and easy to adapt, are well-made, durable and easily stored, and are easy to understand and teach. Award winners are selected during monthly gatherings attended by a collection of game-players and the winning games are reviewed by Major FUN himself.
- MENSA SELECT AWARD: Annually, Mensa judge sand critiques games released in the past year and award the coveted Mensa Select® seal to the top five. Games are judged on aesthetics, instructions, originality, play appeal and play value.
- NATIONAL PARENTING CENTER'S SEAL OF APPROVAL: The National Parenting Center's Seal of Approval program is an independent testing procedure conducted by volunteer parents, children and educators. Products are evaluated for level of desirability, sturdiness, interactive stimulation and other ingredients essential in the make-up of a quality product.
- PARENTS' CHOICE GOLD AWARD: Founded in 1978, Parents' Choice is the nation's oldest nonprofit consumer guide to quality children's books, toys, music and more. The Parents' Choice Award seals are recognized throughout the country as the premier mark of achievement in the children's media industry. The Parents' Choice Gold Awards are given to those products that are judged as the highest quality and most appealing in their genre. Criteria for judgments include the highest production standards, universal human values and a unique, individual quality that pushes the product a notch above others.
- SPIEL DES JAHRES AWARD: The most prestigious award for board and card games, is awarded annually by a jury of German game critics.
Recommended for ages 6+. For 2-4 players.